Summer Madness. Aye Verb died. Horribly. The argument here is... Charlie sat on bars for 2 years, Verb was booed, Home Court Advantage, Charlie is a set up, set up, set up, Punchline rapper, etc. Here are the factz...
If you sit on bars for 2 years and spit those 2 year old raps, your wack against fresh bars. Point blank. Because current events happen all the time. Charlie had bars that were extremely recent due to current events, a hollow rebuttal (which happened 3 months prior), and story bars. Fred The Godson told me Charlie didn't use the bars he had for Verb initially. Crazy.
Verb was booed. But not because NY hated. The ticket sales show that NY was only 53% of the crowd. The other 47% were from different regions of the country. He was booed because they followed Conceited Vs T-Rex - a punchline heavy battle - and a phenomenal 1st Round by Clips. Verb took as long as the 13th bar for a punchline. We were restless and wanted fire. Verb looked a tad nervous but confident. Didn't matter. We wanted BARS! Verb spit some of his bars to me after and I must admit, It was verrrry impressive. But not enough to beat Charlie.
Home court advantage changed at the last minute. Charlie begged for the battle in detroit, st louis & miami. Wishes weren't fulfilled and he had to do it in NY. Charlie wasn't a favorite cuz he got booed a lil too. Math got booed, everybody got booed. Which makes it an even playing field. Just wait till the Detroit card. Yall gonna see bias at its finest. Ask Amzilla.
Charlie's style. Despite what people said about him, he changed his performance, delivery, punchline format and story raps dramatically. People will be surprised and to be honest might call him the greatest afterwards. I ran downstairs after Verb's last round and the faces on every battle rapper was distraught. Big T couldn't even speak. Yung ill was silent. Murda Mook just stared. We all were amazed. One of the best performances I ever seen.
And because of these faults, Charlie will never get the credit he deserves. No matter who he battles or who he faces he will always be second to only him and the trials put before him. Sad revelation but true. If he was to 3-0 Lux & Hollow the same day, there would be excuses made. He has to except the fact that he will never get a "fair" win in the eyes of a battle rap fan. Heavy is the cross to bear. But clips bears it. Just wait till you see Verb get the same treatment Jesus got.
Big thanks to Mickey Factz for dropping his thoughts on MetaphorsAndRealRap.com. Come back every day at 10AM for exclusive interviews, guest blogs and more. Surprise interview dropping tomorrow so stay tuned!